gst123The program gst123 is designed to be a more flexible command line player in the spirit of ogg123 and mpg123, based on gstreamer. It plays all file formats gstreamer understands, so if you have a music collection which contains different file formats, like flac, ogg and mp3, you can use gst123 to play all your music files.
Since gst123-0.1.0 support for watching videos has been added; however gst123 should run fine in situations where no X11 display is available; videos can be played without X11 display, too (-x, --novideo); in this case, only the audio stream will be played.
It is implemented in C++ and licensed under the GNU LGPL version 2
Getting gst123The current version of gst123 is gst123-0.3.3, and can be downloaded here:
git clone http://space.twc.de/public/git/gst123.git
Overview of Changes in gst123-0.3.3
- Fix Issue 10: Local files not properly escaped when converted to URLs
- Added "-k, --skip=
" option: skip first 'n' seconds [Tobias Bengfort]
Issue trackerIf you have issues/bugs related to gst123, you can use the issue tracker at google code.
There is a group on google groups you can join to discuss questions related to using gst123 and development topics.
Famous Software Award & InterviewGst123 has received an award and is "famous software".
There is also an interview about gst123 available on this site.
ScreenshotHere is a screenshot of gst123-0.3.1 using the recently added visualization support (-v commandline option):
Building gst123 on Ubuntu
The following packages are required (and need to be installed with apt-get install before building):
Older versionsOlder versions are
- gst123-0.3.2.tar.bz2 (old version)
- gst123-0.3.1.tar.bz2 (old version)
- gst123-0.3.0.tar.bz2 (old version)
- gst123-0.2.2.tar.bz2 (old version)
- gst123-0.2.1.tar.bz2 (old version)
- gst123-0.2.0.tar.bz2 (old version)
- gst123-0.1.4.tar.bz2 (old version)
- gst123-0.1.3.tar.bz2 (old version)
- gst123-0.1.2.tar.bz2 (old version)
- gst123-0.1.1.tar.bz2 (old version)
- gst123-0.1.0.tar.gz (old version)
- gst123-0.0.1.tar.gz (old version)
- gst123-0.0.2.tar.gz (old version)
- gst123-0.0.3.tar.gz (old version)